Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finding Joy...

I have to be honest, the last couple of weeks it's been somewhat of a challenge to find joy in every day life, and especially on a day like today where it's cold and slushy, it's easy for me to give in to feeling sorry for myself. My emotions are literally all over the place (poor husband...if you know him, give him a pat on the back, cause he's been a trooper!), and I've been feeling a tad overwhelmed with various things, some including the thought of birthing a child, and then knowing what to do with said child when we bring him home, plus a random assortment of other things like cleaning, finishing the nursery, finances, etc. But I'm officially putting a stop to all of these sad thoughts, because I have A LOT to be thankful for and to find joy in...

1. Having faith and hope in a God who has always, and promises to always take care of our every need! We have a roof over our head, food in our bellies, and clothes on our back...God has truly blessed us!

2. I am married to one of the most amazing men on the planet. He is my very best friend, and has been so incredibly loving and supportive through all of these changes!

3. God chose Russ and I to be parents!! And not just to any kid...but to this little baby boy growing inside of my belly! Not everyone is blessed with this kind of gift. I know it will be hard. There will be sleepless nights, tears, and frustrations, but I can only imagine what it will be like to hold him, and to stare in amazement at his beautiful tiny face! I can only imagine that raising him, will be one of the greatest joys I've ever known!

4. I have 3 beautiful, wonderful sisters (all who have just recently had babies) and an amazing mom (who birthed 6 children...I think she's had her share of experience). Although I don't live near them (boo), they are only a phone call away, no matter what silly little questions I may have about what to do with a newborn :)

5. We have amazing friends who have been so supportive and helpful already, and the baby isn't even here yet. Not to mention my little brother and his girlfriend who do live here in Nashville. It's truly a blessing to have such enthusiastic, loving family nearby!

6. I know this may be a little silly to be thankful for, but we have the cutest, most affectionate pups! It's a special feeling coming home, knowing that there are 2 little buddies that are just DYING to see you! They love us unconditionally!

7. It's almost Spring!! I love to be outdoors, and I am thrilled that we've pretty much made it through winter, and we're on to spring, summer and the outdoors!

There are a million other things out there for me to find joy in...these are just at the top of my list.

What are you finding joy in today?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very encouraging Jill!! Thank you! Much needed after a stressful morning.

Unknown said...

Reading your blog this morning made me cry, It reminded me that I stuggle to find joy sometimes, which is silly because like you mentioned there are so many things to be joyful about...and I agree that dogs bring a kind of unexplainable joy. You are beautiful inside and out, you are going to be a wonderful mom.

genovetta said...

so beautiful to read today. thanks so much for sharing its rough. being pregnant all the way through mommy-hood is emotional. you seem like you are pretty level headed.
BUT fret not! the Fullers are sending you and Russ a care package for the little tot.
I hope you enjoy it.
just to encourage you to really take time and spend some special time with russ. you dream of those times and they will encourage you while you up late nights.
have a wonderful day lady!

jill louise said...

Thanks for all of your sweet words ladies :)