Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekend happenings..

I've found it is both a blessing and a curse to have random holidays off. An obvious blessing because one can usually sleep in and do whatever they want that day, but also a curse, because it makes it that much harder to go back into work! Haha.

Our weekend was pretty busy, but altogether great! Saturday I got to hang out with three of my bestest for a little brunch at Jackson's (just like old times). And then later on that evening, Russ and I put the changing table/dresser combo together!! Putting furniture together is one of our least favorite tasks, but we did it, and with very limited arguing and frustration...haha. We also worked on several nursery projects (pictures to come soon...we're getting SO close!!!), and watched a lot of the Olympic action. It's funny how the olympics just seem to draw us in. Sports that we wouldn't normally even think twice about watching, draw us in completely! It's pretty funny if you ask me!

Oh yea...I took a second stab at freezer paper stenciling!


If you live in Buffalo, then you know all about these awesome t-shirts that are everywhere these days. I absolutely LOVE these shirts, and would like to make one for myself one day, but I thought I'd start off with one for the babe...too bad that the tube of scarlett fabric paint turned out pink with sparkles in it! Ugh. (anyone from Buffalo or who loves Buffalo want a 6-9 month onesie for a little girl?!) I definitely plan on making another onesie...but hopefully with actual red fabric paint instead :) I think this second stab turned out pretty good! Still not perfect by any means, but I'm diggin it.

We hit the 36 week mark this past Saturday! It still has yet to really hit me that we're having a baby in around 4 weeks! All the signs are there (boy are they ever), I feel him moving around, I have a giant beach ball for a stomach, but the reality of just how much our lives are about to change has not really sunk in yet. I think it will take actually seeing little mister before it will really sink in. I'm still feelin ok these days. The mornings and night seem to be the worst. I've unfortunately developed a temporary case of carpaltunal (at least it had better be temporary!!), which makes typing at a computer all day, and then working on projects somewhat difficult. I have one more bunny order to finish, and then I think I might have to take a little knitting sabatical, my poor hands just can't take it!

On a different note...I've had an old hymn in my head all morning and just wanted to share...

I Need The Every Hour
Words by Annie S Hawks (1872)

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessèd Son.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

Annie Hawks wrote: One day as a young wife and mo­ther of 37 years of age, I was bu­sy with my reg­u­lar house­hold tasks. Sud­den­ly, I be­came so filled with the sense of near­ness to the Mast­er that, won­der­ing how one could live with­out Him, ei­ther in joy or pain, these words, “I Need Thee Ev­e­ry Hour,” were ush­ered in­to my mind, the thought at once tak­ing full pos­sess­ion of me.

After writ­ing the lyr­ics, Hawks gave them to her pas­tor, Ro­bert Low­ry, who add­ed the tune and re­frain. The hymn was first pub­lished at the Na­tion­al Bap­tist Sun­day School Con­ven­tion in Cin­cin­na­ti, Ohio, in No­vem­ber 1872.

Some years lat­er, af­ter the death of her hus­band, Hawks wrote:

I did not un­der­stand at first why this hymn had touched the great throb­bing heart of hu­man­i­ty. It was not un­til long af­ter, when the sha­dow fell over my way, the sha­dow of a great loss, that I un­der­stood some­thing of the com­fort­ing pow­er in the words which I had been per­mit­ted to give out to others in my hour of sweet se­ren­i­ty and peace.

I couldn't remember all of the lyrics, so when I looked them up on google, I found those words about the song (found Here) from author Annie Hawks. These lyrics are just so pertinent to my life today, and every day really. I hope these words will be a blessing to you as well!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

mrs. prevost said...

4 weeks!!!!??!?! ahhhh!!! i cant believe it!

brunch was the best!
love you girl!