Friday, August 3, 2012

The Tooth Fairy

As you may or may not know, I've been making animal softies for a little while now.  I absolutely LOVE making them. I had been thinking about making a doll for awhile, but lacked the motivation to sit down and design one. About a month ago my dear mother-in-law called me up and asked me if I'd be interested in creating a tooth fairy doll for Layla Grayce (her granddaughter, my niece) for her 5th Birthday. That was just the motivation I needed, and I couldn't wait to get started.


I couldn't be happier with my first attempt and haven't been able to stop making them.  I decided to go ahead and make them little dresses instead of just having a decorative body.  I love putting the fabrics together, and coming up with their overall look. 

Now brace yourself for a shameless plug...


I have a few dolls up for sale in my etsy (would love for you to check em out and spread the word if you feel so inclined), including a listing for a custom order! I was pleased as punch to have received my very first order for a custom doll last week.  She's finished, and headed off to a 7 yr old girl in Switzerland of all places!  Gotta love Etsy!


Addison loves these dolls and asks to hold each one I make.  Although it's fine for him to have a girl doll, I'm really wanting to make a cute little boy version with Airplane wings to match the ones he has :)  So stay tuned for that!

Yay for Friday!!  Enjoy your weekend friends!

No comments: