Thursday, August 2, 2012

3,2,1 Blast Off

You know that moment when you just LOVE being a parent?! Last night was one of those moments for me. We had planned on spending the evening outside, but our plans fell through because of bad weather. So what do you do when you have a rambunctious toddler stuck indoors...you make him wings :)  It took me awhile to figure out what we had around the house that could work.  I guess it's a good thing that I never throw any crafting supplies away, cause I finally found a use for some heavy duty stabilizer that I've literally had FOREVER.  Take a hanger, break off the top, cut your stabilizer into wings, sew the hanger inside, attach elastic straps...and you've got yourself some wings!  Then you let your amazingly talented husband decorate them, and your sweet toddler color them, and you have yourself the perfect buzz lightyear wings a 2 year old could ask for.


I wish I could have captured the look on his face when we first put them on.  It was as if a whole new world had been opened up for him.  After flying around for a bit, Russ had the GENIUS idea to pull out a couple mattresses we've had in our back room, and set them up in front of a chair so Addison could really fly!


 I'd say that idea was a huge success :)
Needless to say, he has been wearing his wings non-stop.
 
 




 (from our walk this morning to the play ground)



 (a little more flying practice)

 These are the kinds of moments that make being a parent one of the greatest jobs on the planet!

1 comment:

Two Happy Hearts said...

Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE!!