Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First signs of the bump...

Ta Da!

Whatcha think? It's still takes me by surprise when I catch a glance of my profile in a mirror or window...I can't believe it's really happening!! There really IS a baby growing in there!

So our next appointment is Thursday, Oct 15th...just a mere 15 days away!! We'll finally get to find out what we're having at our next appointment! I'm totally excited to find out the sex...but I think I'm even more excited to see our baby!!! This little guy or gal will have grown SO much since our last ultrasound (it'll be 7 weeks since our last), and I'm just ecstatic beyond belief to see his/her growth!

On to other things worth noting...I have the best recipe for Chicken Enchiladas to share with ya'll! I wish I could claim this as my recipe, but alas it is not. My good friend and co-worker Stacey gave me this recipe, claiming that they are the best chicken enchiladas she's had. I admit, I was a bit skeptical, but after our meal last night...I must concur that they ARE the best chicken enchiladas!! I wish I would have been on top of my game and taken a couple snap shots for you, to show you how yummy they are...but you'll have to use your imagination instead. Anyhoo...here you go!

STACEY’S CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

Ingredients:
2 cans green enchilada sauce (I've only been able to find the green kind at Kroger)
1 pkg cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled then shredded)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 block cream cheese
6 - 8 12" Tortillas (I used whole wheat tortillas)

In skillet mix and melt the following...
1 can green enchilada sauce, chicken, 1 cup Cheddar, and cream cheese


Put skillet mixture into burritos and place in baking dish
cover with other can of green enchilada sauce and 1 cup cheddar cheese
bake at 375 for 15-20 min until slightly brown on top


SALSA
(Stacey also claims this amazing, I haven't made this salsa yet, but I believe her)

4 28oz cans HUNTS whole tomatoes
10 t vinegar

7 t salt

5 jalepeno peppers chopped (fresh or canned)

1 small onion chopped

1 t cumin

1 t coriander

1 med. clove garlic crushed



Puree tomatoes in blender for 3 seconds (per can) so that they are mostly pureed but a little chunky. Pour in big pan, add the rest of ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. This recipe yields A LOT, so you may want to half the recipe.

PS - The enchiladas also make GREAT leftovers...seriously, so yummy!

Oh yes...one more thing. Congratulations to James and Jenn Smith! Their darling Nola James Smith graced the world with her presence this morning, 8lbs 12oz, 22 inches long, with beautiful strawberry blonde hair!!!

Hope you're having a beautiful Wednesday, and enjoying this crisp fall day!
Loves!

No comments: