Thursday, July 9, 2009

inspiration...

Do you ever get the urge to stop whatever it is that you're doing and go make something? I cannot help but be inspired by Anna Maria Horner's fabric collections. Her style is just my cup of tea. If you don't know who she is, or haven't seen her amazing work, check out her blog and her website, she is a true crafting queen!

Along the lines of inspiration, I've lately wanted to dive back into knitting and make myself another sweater. My first attempt at sweater crafting turned out ok...

{please pardon the awkward smile on my face...this is the best picture i have...ha}

...but I'd really like to make a more every-day type cardigan that I could wear when it gets just a tad chilly. Lovely Laura from *ellatrain knits* posted a pretty little cardigan she finished a couple months ago...
{image via *ellatrainknits*}

How cute is that cardigan? and how amazing of a knitter is Laura?! I absolutely love it! She inspires me to be a more dedicated knitter :)

Oh yea...one more tid bit for ya. I saw this before and after from Brooke of playing grown up on Design*Sponge today...



{images via Design*Sponge}

...and am in love with this amazing crafty idea for a headboard. I've been looking for great headboard ideas everywhere. This is perfect for our bedroom...now all I need is to find an amazing screen like this!

I hope you've been somewhat inspired to do your own crafting and creating. Have a great Thursday. We're almost to the weekend, Hooray!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You're so sweet! And I LOVE your elephant :) SO freaking adorable! Let me know if you ever want to knit with us on Sunday afternoons!