Friday, June 19, 2009

The parentals...

Russ and I are getting ready to host his parents this weekend. In preparation I took it upon myself to bathe our lovely kitty cat for the first time since we got her a couple months ago. I was a bit nervous, but we both made it out alive...Marley all clean, and me unscathed!
I've never bathed a long-hair feline before...she was quite a site when i let her loose...haha.


We have 2 clean babies now (Jakers got a bath as well)...and 2 to go before the parents get here tonight. Can I just tell you how lucky I am that I actually enjoy the company of my in-laws. They are the best and I couldn't ask for a pair of in-laws more wonderful then Chuck & Judi!

This weekend is also Father's day! I believe this is the first time I've gotten a Father's day gift out in time for my dear old dad...I'm pretty proud of myself. Dad's are so difficult to create for. With mom's all you need to do is make something and they love it just because you made it. I think Dad's do too...but they aren't quite as enthusiastic. I wish I could say that I came up with some amazing creative gift, but alas, i did not. Instead I bought him a copy of Blue Like Jazz. Gosh...that is such a great book, and I Highly recommend it!

I did have one attempt of creativity for the dads...I made them cards. The first is for my dad, whom we lovingly call Daddio, and the second for Russ' dad, whom to the grandkids is known as Bops.


I have limited knowledge of photoshop...but i think i do ok ;)

What is everyone else up to this weekend? Father's Day? I hope whatever you do, your weekend is everything you hope it will be!
Loves!

No comments: