Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's that time of the year...

School is back in session!

Not that it really affects me at all yet, but it was so cute to see all of the parents out this morning walking their little tykes to school. I couldn't help but smile and imagine myself doing the very same thing in a few years. It seems so far away...but I know it'll be here before I know it.

We had a bit of a rough night with the little one. Around 2am he woke up screaming. I felt so helpless sitting there rocking the little man while he sniffled and tried to catch his breath. Part of me just wanted to hold him like that for the rest of the night, but neither of us would have gotten any sleep that way. So after around 15 - 20 min, he finally fell back asleep, and slept the rest of the night in his crib. I feel like he may be teething possibly...but I feel like I've been saying that for the last couple months. Do teethers tend to spit up a bit more then usual? Over the last week or so, I feel like he's been spitting up a bit more then usual. He spit up quite a bit this morning on our walk, and then threw up the rest of it when we got home. I would be alarmed, except that he's been his perfectly happy self all morning. Maybe it's just a fluke?

This whole parenting thing has been one of the most rewarding yet frustrating things I've experienced to date. He is one of the joys of my life (along with his Daddy), which makes it so frustrating and sad when you're not really sure what to do. I feel like I should have all of the answers, but sometimes you just don't. He's a pretty happy kid most of the time, so we must be doing something right...right?

1 comment:

Two Maids & A Mop said...

I stumbled onto your blog & I hope it's ok to post this...I can tell you could use a little help around the house with your new addition to the family!! Anyway, I'm the owner of a new cleaning service here in Nashville & we're giving away all sorts of free stuff in the next few weeks. Our grand prize is free maid service for the rest of your life. It's free to enter if you wish!! Here's the link >> http://www.dirtgobblers.com

Two Maids & A Mop
Nashville Cleaning Services