Friday, January 14, 2011

Is it really Friday already?!

Can I toot my own horn for a second and say I worked out every morning this week!! There were a couple mornings it took everything in me to get up, stretch and get ready to go to the Y. Little buddy has been a little off with his nights this week. For some reason he's been waking up around 4 or 5 in the morning, and a couple times at 11. I really don't know what's up with him, maybe he's teething? But it makes for a really long night, and an even more tiring morning.

I finally made a couple bibs out of laminated cotton! Never again will this babe of ours be wearing a cloth bib when it comes to meal time. They're just such a pain in the behind, and don't always come clean when washed. The laminated cotton wipes clean so easily...it's amazing! So I went to my favorite local fabric shop Textile Fabrics, and got myself some houndstooth laminated cotton!



This little bib comes complete with food catcher and a snap...so he can't take it off :) I've already made a couple, and definitely plan on making more. I think I may even try to sell a few in my etsy shop. I think every mom needs to have a couple of these, and there are some wonderful laminated cottons out there...especially for sweet baby girls.

A second project I finished (but didn't really plan on) are these adorable granny square slippers! I had started them awhile ago, and decided to finish them as a gift, but I felted them too long, which made them a little too small for the intended recipient, so now they're mine...I'm not complaining :)


If you crochet, you can find the pattern on ravelry here

We have a fun little weekend planned, and there's much to do to prepare, so I'd better get going! Enjoy your weekend :)

No comments: