Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Craft Night...

Nothing says Christmas quite like Crafting ;)

Being that we're only 23 days away from Christmas, we thought a little holiday shindig complete with Mulled Cider, yummy treats, a gift exchange, and crafting ornaments would do just the trick for this months installment of Craft Night!! I think everyone will agree that our last craft night of the year was a complete success!

Below are some links to some of the ornaments we worked on....

Felt Christmas Ornaments
Felt Animal Ornaments
(No one really followed these patterns, but we made some adorable bird ornaments similar to these)
Beaded Snowflakes
Beaded Monograms
The beaded ornaments took a little finagling, but all in all I think everyone's ornaments turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I'm totally mad at myself for not taking more pictures of everyone's individual ornaments...but here is one of our little creations made by Moriah...

My handsome hubby took some snap shots of us working away on our ornaments...
All finished!

Next we had a little Dirty Santa gift exchange. The goal was to bring something hand-made, or craft inspired. It's not often that crafters actually receive something crafty...ha.






I cannot say enough how much I TRULY enjoyed our time together last night! I cannot wait to see what we craft next year!!


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, This is kind of random... but here it goes. I found your blog via "Oh My Deer", Chelsea's blog. I was very inspired by your recent posts to knit and have started some new projects of my own. I was tickled to see that you are expecting a little boy, because I have a one year old little boy. Anyways... here's the point... my husband and I were at church (TVC) this evening and heard a prayer request for you, your husband, and your sweet growing baby. I just wanted to send you a note letting you know that we are thinking about you and praying for you even though we have never met face-to-face. If you need anything: meals, hand-me-down baby clothes, anything, we would love to lighten your load; my e-mail is gracejanney@gmail.com

Thinking of you and your family,
Grace, Jonathan, and Jude Mayfield